Greenways Law have a bereavement team that can take the burden off family members by attending to the necessary legal procedures involved in administering a person’s estate.
We can assist with as little or as much as you may require from us. We can advise you on the effect of the will or the intestacy where there is no will. We can guide you through some of the following steps: –
- Obtaining probate or letters of administration – the legal document authorising you to deal with the deceased’s estate.
- Arranging a funeral.
- Putting together a picture of the deceased’s estate by obtaining valuations of assets and details of all liabilities.
- Attend to any trust matters that may arise under a will or because of an intestacy if there is no will
- Settle the deceased tax affairs to the date of death and settle the tax for the administration period
- Prepare a set of Estate accounts.
- Settle liabilities and distribute according to the will / intestacy.
- Distributing the estate to the people that are entitled to it under the terms of the will or the intestacy rules where there is no will.