Need advice on a Shareholders’ Agreement?
Our fees for preparing and drafting a shareholders’ agreement start at £1,250 plus VAT.
A Shareholders’ Agreement helps protect the legal rights of all shareholders in a business and aims to ensure everyone is treated fairly.
The Agreement sets out:
- The allocation of shares among the owners of a limited company
- The rights and obligations of shareholders
It should also:
- State how shares will be sold or reallocated if any shareholder dies, retires or decides to sell their stake in the business
- Detail how the shares were priced
Creating your Shareholders’ Agreement
Assuming all your shareholders are happy with the terms, drafting your Shareholders’ Agreement is simple. We’ll meet with you to discuss your requirements before drafting the initial document. Then, once you’ve made any minor adjustments, the agreement can be signed by your shareholders.
We recommend putting your Shareholders’ Agreement in place as early as possible once you’ve formed your company and allocated (or reallocated) its shares. That way, you’ll have a simple, effective mechanism in place should a dispute arise – and it’ll save you getting involved in time-consuming and costly mediation or litigation later on.
Why choose Greenways Law to draft your shareholders’ agreement?
Our commercial team are experts in reviewing, drafting and negotiating Shareholders’ Agreements for businesses of all sizes across the UK.
We have the understanding, experience and skills needed to ensure your business and its shareholders are fully protected in the event of a dispute. We’re always available and, unlike many other law firms, move quickly so you can operate with clarity, speed and peace of mind.
We promise you:
- Value for money – a fixed fee at the outset with no hidden extras. shareholder agreements, our fees start at £1,250 plus VAT
- Experience – our staff have a combined 25 years’ experience in working with commercial clients
- An entrepreneurial approach – our experienced, qualified lawyers are led by partner who has managed his own business
- Day to day partner involvement – we don’t delegate legal work to staff. All commercial documentation drafting, negotiation and reviewing is done by a partner at Greenways Law
- Peace of mind – we take care of the legals so you can concentrate on running your business
- Quality advice – we want to work with you long term and know this will happen if we give you well informed, consistent, accurate and commercially valuable advice. This philosophy works: Much of our work is repeat business from existing clients
- Excellent communications – we’ll keep you fully and regularly informed of progress at every stage of the process
- A solid track record – we’ve worked with clients such as Music Choice, Starbucks, KFC, W H Smith, Sony and Tie Rack